For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Oriel Ventures Limited of 68 Standen road, London, UK, SW18 5TG.
Changes to this Policy
Collection of Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you fill out our contact us form or create an account or by corresponding with us by e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our service or purchase software our site and when you report a problem with our site. The types of information we may collect include your name, address, email address, financial and credit card information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including Log and Technical Information. We log information about your use of the Services,, time zone setting, access times, pages viewed, your Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet and your login information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, our terms and conditions you accepted when accessing our site and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about if you agree in advance to this;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- Provide, maintain, administer and improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those, which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you if you have consented in advance to this. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this in advance;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our websites;
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Oriel or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long with we store your data for?
We will retain your data whilst you remain a client of Oriel and it will be deleted no later than 6 (six) months after our agreement with you has been terminated in accordance with Oriel’s terms and conditions
The Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will always ask you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
The right of Erasure. You have the right to request that Oriel erase your personal data under certain conditions.
You can contact Oriel in relation to exercising such rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Contacting our Regulatory Authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Oriel has not addressed your requests to us in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Telephone: (+44) 0303 123 1113